Work area 1: Improvement of strategic planning competence of AUWSSC and SBUs
- Support AUWSSC to develop SBU guidelines and implement existing ones;
- Improve cooperation/ reporting between AUWSSC HQ and SBUs;
- Develop concept for improving SBU and Sub-SBU core processes;
- Further development of performance monitoring and benchmark system; and
- Coaching, workshops and training activities.
Work area 2: Improvement of the financial and commercial processes of the SBUs
- Establishment of financial and commercial reports and implementation of store databases;
- Assess SBUs’ performance in the areas of financial and business development, management;
- Assist in linking inventory (OSF) and financial accounting;
- Advise SBU’s in cost control measures and financial budgeting; and
- Support the SBUs in preparing regular business reports to AUWSSC HQ.
Work area 3: Improvement of the organisational and technical processes of the SBUs
- Develop water balances and NRW reduction programme;
- Introduce a coaching concept for work organisation and routine procedures for technical management involving managing director of the SBU’s;
- Capacity building in network design including hydraulic calculations and modelling;
- Follow-up of Sanitation Pilot Schemes in Herat, Mazar and Kunduz;
- Support to water quality monitoring; and
- Establishment of technical/operational reports.
Work area 4: Further development of CIMS (Customer Information Management System) and FIMS (Financial Information Management System)
- Developing an effective system for the collection, evaluation and monitoring of data.
Work area 5: Other activities including development of planning competence at MEW
- Prepare draft of River Basin Master Plans;
- Coach the establishment and anchoring of a result based monitoring system at National Level (MEW); and
- Support of vocational training activities.