GOPA Infra maintains, implements, reviews and continually improves a documented occupational Health & Safety Management System as part of an integrated QSHE Management System. This ensures that it is always up-to-date and appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007.
We are aware that occupational health & safety is an integral part of our management function and a primary responsibility.
In delivering our commitment, we will:
- Comply with all applicable law-compliance obligations and regulations;
- Ensure that risk assessments are performed and control measures are in place to minimise risks at workplaces;
- Provide all employees with equipment, training instructions, information and supervision to implement the policy and to avoid occupational illnesses and accidents wherever possible;
- Make available the necessary finances and resources as deemed reasonable to implement this policy;
- Ensure that the policy is documented, implemented and maintained;
- Follow a concept of continual improvement and make best use of our management resources in all matters concerning health & safety;
- Communicate our objectives and the performance of these throughout the organisation and to interested parties;
- Ensure that activities are safe for employees and for our visitors;
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions that may affect health & safety;
- Communicate the policy to our staff and subcontractors, to ensure they are aware of their health & safety obligations;
- Make our policy available to the public through our homepage.
Furthermore, we commit ourselves to taking appropriate corrective measures in case any non-compliance is detected.
In addition, we undertake to ensure that all staff members concerned are aware of the relevant technical, commercial and legal standards and regulations, and that these are consistently applied.